Hall Family Pizza Rolls
The Hall Family Pizza Rolls recipe is provided by Christina Olsen, owner of TeePeeGirl.com, and a long time friend. I remember these pizza rolls from my childhood when I used to live in Rapid City, S.D. That was ages ago but it was a very fond childhood memory! We were next door neighbors to a family named the Halls of Wyoming. Carol was the mother, Ed the father and 6 children ranging from all ages. They were and still are the nicest people you would have the privilege to meet. The mother, Carol was always cooking something in the kitchen, and I believe these were her specialty.
Christina was the oldest girl and would help her mom cook and clean, well so did all the kids. The family had to work together to make the unit go and everyone chipped in. I found myself friends with Chrissy for the longest time and was able to share in some of her family lifestyles, house chores (so she could come outside and play) and food preparing. I miss having them around, but count myself lucky to have been a part of their lives for a time.
With Chrissy’s permission, I am featuring Hall Families Pizza Rolls in hopes you will make some fond memories with friends and family! This recipe is large enough to feed 8 people plus some extra neighbor kids! Enjoy!!!
Hall Family Pizza Roll Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 (15 oz) package of pepperoni, chopped (tip: the easiest way to chop pepperoni is to cut them with kitchen scissors)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos peppers or bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 can (4 oz) mushrooms
- 2 cans (4.25 oz) chopped olives
- 1 can (4 oz) crushed pineapple
- 2 (6oz) bags of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional)
- Additional salt and pepper, according to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Marinara or pasta sauce for dipping
- In a large pan, cook the hamburger, sausage, chopped pepperoni, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno or bell peppers, and chopped garlic. Cook this mixture until the meat is well done and drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the mushrooms, chopped olives, and crushed pineapple. Stir until well combined.
- Add the Parmesan and cheddar cheese. If desired, add the fresh basil. Add any additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- Heat a large pot of oil.
- Wrap the meat mixture into the egg roll wrappers. (Take an egg roll wrapper, and wet each side of the egg roll wrapper with water. Put the meat mixture in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Press two opposite corners of the egg roll wrappers together, then take a third corner and start rolling until the wrapper is sealed.)
- Drop the pizza rolls into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Take the rolls out of the oil and let them drain on paper towels.
- Dip the pizza rolls into the marinara or pasta sauce and rejoice in the deliciousness!
(Recipe is provided by TeePeeGirl.com)
As you can see, my son, Jake is enjoying himself. He has pizza sauce around his mouth and some on his leg! So you know it has to be good! I think this is his 2nd pizza roll! I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as ours did! They are finger licking good!