Chicken Tabbouleh: Middle Eastern Treat
This is the first time I have ever mad Chicken Tabbouleh. Chrissy from TeePeeGirl.com had it on her blog and it looked so GOOD! I have looked for something different to feed my family and this hit that spot! What a great way to introduce something new to the table but with this delicious bowl of tabbouleh! Yum!
Plus for those who have a gluten allergy, this recipe is perfect for you! I changed using Bulgar Wheat to Quinoa and I think I like it better this way. This is a dish that will expand on the belly and keep you feeling full longer. Having great vegetables, flavor and chicken you can not go wrong!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 packet (bag) of herbal mint tea
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup olives (regular or kalamata), more if desired
- Cooked chicken (grilled, baked, or rotisserie) as desired.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar (red wine or apple cider)
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper as needed
- Feta Cheese (add on top if desired)
- Add 2 cups of water on the stove top to your pan(make sure before you add Quinoa, the water is at a boil) to 1 cup of Quinoa, tear open a mint herbal tea bag and pour the whole bag over the Quinoa. Add the dried parsley, salt, pepper. Fit your pan with a tight fitting lid and return it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a medium and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff and cover and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl add Quinoa, the chopped tomatoes. Peel, seed and chop the cucumber. (To seed the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.) Add the cucumber, chopped celery, chopped green onions, olives, and cooked chicken. Stir all the ingredients and add the olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir again. Give it a “taste test,” and determine how much salt to add. Taste and add salt until you are happy. Mix well.
(Recipe Adapted from TeePee Girl.com)
As you can see, YUMMY! I hope you will enjoy this beautiful dish and have a new family favorite. I think this will be one of ours!!
Until Next Recipe….